Monday, April 27, 2009

to be confident in uncertainty

The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why you brought me here
But just because you love me the way that you do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If you want me to

Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise you're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will go through the fire if you want me to

It may not be the way
I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But you never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

This is a song that I attempted *cough* to learn on guitar today. It's hard not to focus on all the uncertainty that is life. I don't know where God wants me this summer or next year, but He is teaching me to trust Him to put me there and have some patience. I'm generally somewhat obsessed with planning out every detail, so it really frightens me that within one year I will be getting ready to graduate, God willing. But fortunately for me, He has yet to give up on me. I don't think I ever realized how much I lacked patience until life began requiring more of it. I am thankful, though; it's given me cause to learn to trust God so much more than I have probably ever had to before. It was easy to say I had faith in God when most of my life was already figured out for me...now that it takes effort and requires ownership, my relationship with Christ is more important to me than ever. It's not easy. Yet it's also true that He never makes me go alone.

2 comments:

  1. I like reading your blog, Britta. :) You're a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you can do a blog i can never find anything to write. this a a great note

    ReplyDelete