Sunday, May 3, 2009

love ever redeemed

I'm only eighteen. And yet I am exhausted of the sinking feeling of being unloved. Just when I think I've found someone who is prepared to truly love me and take the chance to trust him, he drops me off at the nearest stop with my heart on my sleeve. I am so done with this. I keep giving it up to God, and despite my prayers I somehow mistake the next phony on a horse for my knight in shining armor. I don't like wasting all this perfectly good time pining away for my other half. And yet there are no words (from friends, books, or within) that will persuade a woman from searching for someone to love...it seems to me that this is something that comes from continually searching for Christ above anything else. I don't think there is an immediate solution to the disfunction of it all, but I can only imagine how hopeless my life would feel if I couldn't hope in the Lord. I can't even express how good He is. And truly more than enough for all my tears and mistakes and dreams.

2 comments:

  1. On further thought, I think one reason relationships seem so unclear to me is because everyone seems to be playing some sort of game that I don't know the rules to. Even if I did, I wouldn't play by them. To me, this is NOT a game. I want the freedom to be able to be honest and up front with people, not beating around the bush or trying to manipulate the ones I love. If it's a game to you, please don't play it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britta, thanks so much for your honesty. You really express the thoughts, desires and fears of the majority of the female population :)

    ReplyDelete