Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thoughts on camp and Creation

As a further note to my previous post, camp wasn't bad. I'm super grateful that I even got the chance to go, to experience something different and meet some awesome people. God did teach me a lot. For one thing, during that time God reminded me not to forsake my first calling--to bring His light to teens, even in our own youth group at church. I may have given up too easily, and just because I might not major in it doesn't mean I have no part to play in youth ministry. And another thing...I don't need to let people tell me who I am. Just because they may meet me and think that they know everything about me doesn't mean I have to conform to that. I am more, and I needed to discover that. I thank God for placing me at Forest Home, even for a week.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Creation fest at the Gorge. It's supposed to be super hot, and even though I will probably complain I'm really really looking forward to it. I'm especially excited for Reliant K and Hawk Nelson (second and third only to Switchfoot)! And for spending time with friends, and hopefully the chance to reflect on God and redirect my heart more towards Him. I get so focused on my own needs sometimes, and this week has been one of "those times"...I hate it when I do that by the way. It kind of seems like it will take a lot of energy to let go of what I want, but when it comes down to it I really do want to live for God. It might not seem like that sometimes, but I am kind of lame. not to mention human. (which, by the way, should not be admitted by way of excuse, but of acknowledgment.) anyway so yay for friends and music and camping and our amazing God! in less than 12 hours the trip begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment